Arup is appointed to assist in design of DART+ Coastal
Arup have been appointed as multi-disciplinary design consultants for the DART+ Coastal projects.
The DART+ coastal route will run from Drogheda in the north the Greystones in the south. It will facilitate and increase in capacity from the current 17,980 to 26,680 passengers per hour per direction on the Northern and Southern/South East Line and subject to demand. It will see the electrification of the line from Malahide to Drogheda, and improvements along the existing DART line from Malahide/Howth to Greystones.
- Improvements that DART+ Coastal will bring include:
- Electrification from Malahide to Drogheda (approx. 37km)
- Upgrade of infrastructure from Drogheda to Greystones to enable an increase in route capacity, including:
- Upgrade of junctions and station turn-back facilities.
- Modifications to bridges and structures.
- Removal of level crossings.
- Provision of train stabling.
- Upgrade of signalling, telecoms and power supplies.
- Modifications to the existing depots at Drogheda and Fairview to support the new fleet.