Benefits of DART+ Coastal North
- Increase peak passenger capacity and increase train frequency between Dublin City Centre and Drogheda MacBride Station - inclusive of the Howth Branch - facilitating frequent and reliable transport to the surrounding communities.
- Enhance public transport opportunities for work, education, and leisure purposes.
- Facilitate the development and future growth of existing and new communities that will greatly benefit from the connectivity that the DART+ Coastal North project will deliver.
- Help alleviate road congestion.
- Build a sustainable and connected city region, supporting the transition to a low carbon and climate resilient society.
- Facilitate people to make sustainable travel choices by encouraging a move away from private cars to a reliable, efficient and safer public transport network.
- Improve multi-modal transport connectivity through the development of the wider DART+ Programme.
- Improve journey time reliability.