Benefits of DART+ South West
- Increase peak passenger capacity from 5,000 to 20,000 per hour per direction and increase train frequency between Hazelhatch & Celbridge Station and Dublin City – facilitating fast, frequent and reliable transport to the surrounding communities.
- Enhance public transport opportunities for work, education or leisure purposes.
- Facilitate the development and future growth of existing and new communities that will greatly benefit from the connectivity that the DART+ South West will deliver.
- Alleviate road congestion.
- Build a sustainable and connected city region, supporting the transition to a low carbon and climate resilient society.
- Facilitate people to make sustainable travel choices by encouraging a move away from private cars to reliable, efficient and safe public transport network.
- Improve multimodal transport connectivity through interchange with the Luas at Heuston Station, Bus Connects and the proposed MetroLink.
- Improve journey time reliability.
The DART+ Programme is being implemented by Iarnród Éireann as part of Project Ireland 2040 and the NTA's Transport Strategy for the Greater Dublin Area (2016-2035).