Key Infrastructural Elements
The key infrastructural elements of the DART+ South West Project includes:
- Completion of four tracking from Park West & Cherry Orchard Station to Heuston Station, extending the works completed on the route in 2009.
- Electrification and re-signalling of the line from Hazelhatch & Celbridge Station to Heuston Station and also from Heuston Station to Glasnevin, via the Phoenix Park Tunnel Branch Line, where it will link with the proposed DART+ West.
- Undertaking improvements/reconstructions of bridges to facilitate movement of electrified train services.
- Remove rail constraints along the Phoenix Park Tunnel Branch Line.
- Delivery of a new Heuston West Station.
The ‘Preferred Option’ will be compatible with future stations at Kylemore and Cabra, although the construction of these stations is not part of the DART+ South West Project.
The DART+ Programme is being implemented by Iarnród Éireann as part of Project Ireland 2040 and the NTA's Transport Strategy for the Greater Dublin Area (2016-2035).