Benefits of DART+ West
- Increase peak passenger capacity from 5,000 to 13,200 passengers per hour per direction and increase train frequency between Maynooth and M3 Parkway and Dublin City- facilitating fast, frequent and reliable transport to the surrounding communities.
- Enhance public transport opportunities for work, education or leisure purposes.
- Facilitate the development and future growth of existing and new communities that will greatly benefit from the connectivity that DART+ West will deliver.
- Alleviate road congestion, particularly at the existing level crossings.
- Build a sustainable and connected city region, supporting the transition to a low carbon and climate resilient society.
- Facilitate sustainable choices by encouraging a move away from private cars to reliable, efficient and safe public transport network.
- Improve multimodal transport connectivity through interchange with the Luas at Broombridge and the proposed Spencer Dock station and with the Metrolink at Glasnevin/Phibsborough (Station to be delivered as part of the MetroLink Railway Order).
- Improve journey time reliability.