Key Infrastructural Elements
The key infrastructural elements of the DART+ West project includes:
- Electrification and re-signalling of the Maynooth and M3 Parkway lines (approximately 40km in length).
- Capacity enhancements at Connolly Station (to include modifications to junctions and the station) to facilitate increased train and passenger numbers.
- Provision of a new Spencer Dock Station, which will better serve the north Docklands area and improve interchange with the Luas.
- Closure of level crossings and provision of replacement bridges where required.
- Construction of a new DART depot facility west of Maynooth for the maintenance and parking (stabling) of trains.
- Interventions at existing bridges over the rail line where there are insufficient clearances for the overhead electrification equipment.
- Substations, electrical buildings and all other civil and ancillary works as necessary to accommodate the project.